Stop ignoring #152566 bug

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:04:25 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Cimmo <cimmo at libero.it> wrote:
> Seems that changing from b-52 back to the default hostname
> "localhost.localdomain" let yum to work.
> It's strange, yum take care about it?
> With b-52 browsers and ping works...

you changed the hostname where?

The problem  I have with this bug report is I can't follow it as a
guide towards trying to reproduce your problem. Nor do I have a really
good feel as to what you have been attempting to do in terms of
configuration changes between comments.

As far as I can tell from that report.. you havent attempted to do a
fresh install of the operating system since first encountering the
problem with fc4 test1.  How do any of us really know that this issue
isn't some lingering configuration problem isnt a hold over from the
early test releases?  If you are seeing hardware problems with a test
release.. and an upgrade doesn't fix it do a fresh install and make
sure its not a lingering config issue that the upgrading isnt handling
properly. I personally think its in your best interest to do a fresh
install of fc4 and see if the problem still exists.

Has anyone else reported similar problems using that motherboard? You
have to realize that the core developers do not personally have access
to every piece of hardware. For hardware issues you need to try search
out other people with the same hardware to compare.  How does anyone
know that this issue isn't a case of your hardware being broken
compared to other owners of the same hardware?

-jef