Stop ignoring #152566 bug

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jun 21 15:12:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 05:08:47PM +0200, Cimmo wrote:
> >Good bug reports are easier to respond to quickly. Vague ones, as you
> >noticed, tend to get pushed off, not out of maliciousness, but simply
> >because there's a zillion things to do, and it's easier to work on the
> >clear-cut ones first.
> Are you talking about bug report in bugzilla or here in the mailing list?

Bugzilla. But the same thing applies here.

> If you are talking about here I have just posted request for help with
> more details and no response, how many times I have to do copy and paste?

Patience!

> Anyway if there is something that is missing tell and I'll write, I
> think not every people can think what it is important to say and what not.

Detailed reports -- not "yum doesn't work", but: when I run _this_ yum
command, I get _this_ output instead of _this other_ output which I
expected.

> Ignoring something just bacause is missing something is not a good idea....
> ...ask and I will answer...

Keep in mind that no one is obligated to help you *at all*. You're not being
ignored out of spite or bad intentions -- it's just that it's *easier* to
skip over to something else.