FC5 Wishlist

Horst von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Jun 21 19:31:24 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> I've been lurking in this thread - I'm NOT to get into any arguments -
> but I do think there could be a better way of _package_ RFE's than the
> wiki or bugzilla.

Maybe...

> A simple page where a user can input the name of the desired package, a
> url to the homepage, a brief description, and select a category from a
> drop down menu.
>
> This would be something that extras maintainers looking to contribute
> could go through.

I'd wagger that extras maintainers have their hands more than full with the
packages they do maintain, and would love to have time left over for the
/other/ packages they care for...

I.e., if you want a package included/maintained, your best (only?) bet is
doing it yourself.

[No, I have no standing to talk officially here. Just from observations
 elsewhere...]