rawhide report: 20050621 changes

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Wed Jun 22 03:50:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 07:02 -0400, Build System wrote:

> Updated Packages:
>
> audit-0.9.10-1
> --------------
> * Sun Jun 19 2005 Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> 0.9.10-1
> - Make sure the bad packet is drained when retrying user messages
> - Add support for new user and watch filter lists
> - Interpret flags field in ausearch
>
> cairo-0.5.1-1
> -------------
> * Mon Jun 20 2005 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com> 0.5.1-1
> - Update to cairo 0.5.1.
> - Remove gtk-doc files, since --disable-gtk-doc doesn't work.
> - Disable gtk-doc and add freetype and fontconfig BuildRequires.
>
> glibc-2.3.5-11
> --------------
> * Mon Jun 20 2005 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 2.3.5-11
> - update from CVS
>   - PPC32 -msecure-plt support
>   - support classes keyword in /etc/hesiod.conf (#150350)
>   - add RLIMIT_NICE and RLIMIT_RTPRIO to <sys/resources.h> (#157049)
>   - decrease number of .plt relocations in libc.so
>   - use -laudit in nscd (#159217)
>   - handle big amounts of networking interfaces in getifaddrs/if_nameindex
>     (#159399)
>   - fix pa_IN locale's am_pm (#158715, BZ#622)
>   - fix debugging of PIEs
>
> * Mon May 30 2005 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 2.3.5-10
> - fix LD_ASSUME_KERNEL (since 2.3.5-8 GLRO(dl_osversion)
>   has been always overwritten with the version of currently
>   running kernel)
> - remove linuxthreads man pages other than those covered in
>   3p section, as 3p man pages are far better quality and describe
>   POSIX behaviour that NPTL implements (#159084)
>
> * Tue May 24 2005 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 2.3.5-9
> - update from CVS
>   - increase bindresvport's LOWPORT to 512, apparently some
>     broken daemons don't think 0 .. 511 ports are reserved
>
> iiimf-1:12.2-6
> --------------
> * Tue Jun 21 2005 Akira TAGOH <tagoh at redhat.com> - 1:12.2-6
> - iiimd-init.d: fixed that service iiim stop didn't work properly.
>
> * Thu Jun 16 2005 Akira TAGOH <tagoh at redhat.com>
> - gimlet-default-icon-r2665-159121.patch: set the default window icon. (#159121)
>
> isdn4k-utils-3.2-29
> -------------------
> * Mon Jun 20 2005 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> 3.2-29
> - workaround for loading isdn module at system startup #160831
>
> kernel-2.6.12-1.1387_FC5
> ------------------------
> * Mon Jun 20 2005 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> - 2.6.12-git2
>   - temporarily disable Tux as the rebase broke it.
>
> poppler-0.3.3-1
> ---------------
> * Mon Jun 20 2005 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com> - 0.3.3-1
> - Update to 0.3.3 and change to build cairo backend.
>
> squirrelmail-1.4.5-0.rc1
> ------------------------
> * Mon Jun 20 2005 Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> 1.4.5-0.rc1
> [...]

Hey, :)

 Following reguar devel path repos with basic desktop+ installed.
No problems until recently.

1. Yesterday printing stopped working.
error message
lpr: error - unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

Doesn't matter what program. My printer is a shared samba printer from a
Windows box. Has always worked. Re-setup everything about it and still
get the error. (It seems like some of the printer definitions are
missing?)

Root mail can not be retrieved with client. I use Evolution, also tried
mail (sendmail root at localhost  root at hostname nothing works.)

I tried Graveman cd burning app as it was said to be GREAT and I didn't
have one. It wouldn't use the /tmp or /home/username/tmp dir's.
Some access denied error. However it left the data (which were photos)
in temp dir's under tmp. Wrote them there in a blink, then errored out.

Any suggestion, recommendations, any thing known that would cause theses
things from the build lists rpms?

No printing is a show stopper.

thanks,

SJ