Can someone confirm that the new odt file format for OOo in rawhide is not getting the correct mime associations?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Mar 8 23:15:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 09:46 -0500, Craig Thomas wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 19:26 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > My gnome desktop running nautilus is not automagically associated
> > openoffice as an application to use for these files. In fact the only
> > application nautilus associates for me is archive manager.
> >
> > Can someone confirm this?
>
> Yes, I can confirm this,  .odt files are associated with archive manager
> here too.

This actually makes a strange sort of sense (but will need to be
addressed).  Because the OpenDocument (.odt, etc) files are actually a
bunch of xml (and other bits) wrapped in a dot-zip file, and the mime
type handler for Gnome sniffs the file to see what sort of file it is,
it's understandable that Nautilus (et al) would pick this up as a
archive style file (and want to open it in file-roller).

Caolan, do you need someone to file a bug report for this, or have you
got it listed already?

Rodd