libssl, libcrypt

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 11:05:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:15:00AM -0800, Paul Watkins wrote:
> I'm still having problems with the Rawhide updates for programs
> depending on the libssl and libcrypto libs for Fedora 3 development.

I had to force remove my installed openssl RPM and install openssl097a-0.9.7a-1.i386.rpm
from the download site. This is dangerous because removing openssl breaks RPM.
What I recommend (ie not what I did!) is:

download openssl097a-0.9.7a-1.i386.rpm
unpack it into a temp directory using rpm2cpio
force remove openssl
copy libssl & libcrypto from the temp area into /usr/lib
rpm -i openssl097a-0.9.7a-1.i386.rpm

I always assumed it was my fault it had got into such a state because I blithely
mix yum & apt-get.

There may be easier ways of doing this, but it worked for me.

patrick