cannot update via yum

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Wed Mar 16 16:35:49 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 11:18 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 15:56 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>>
>>>hi
>>>
>>>writing now somehow from fc4t1 - i would like to update. if i launch
>>>yum, i get the following:
>>>
>>>Error: Missing Dependency: libwnck-1.so.4 is needed by package gnome-applets
>>>Error: Missing Dependency: libpisock.so.8 is needed by package gnome-pilot
>>>
>>>i launch yum with the following:
>>>yum -y --exclude=gnome-applets --exclude=gnome-pilot update
>>>
>>>can you help me?
>>>

>>I'm rebuilding gnome-applets.
>>

> you know if you want to check what things have unresolved deps you can
> use the script mentioned here:
>
> http://blog.sethdot.org/index.cgi/208.html
>

> you can even make a local repo and use rawhide, put your new updates in
> the local repo and run:
> repoclosure.py mylocal rawhide
>
> and it will tell you if there are any unclosed deps.
>
> -sv

according to the big echo, i'm gonna wait for the 2 persons, telling
they will resolve. if this is done, i'm gonna try your script. thanks a
lot all for your help!

as i had serious troubles installing fc4t1 (it costed my fc3 install -
don't ask me why, i had a very strange LVM-install afterwards and
nothing more ever worked) this seems now to be my "productive" area and
i think you will get some more input from me :-( :-)

Roger
roger