OOo2 problem

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 22:53:32 UTC 2005

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I've unearthed two rather fun bugs in the current OOo2 beta
> (1.80-3).
>
> First is if you create a table and then create a formula, OOo2 will fall
> over. The document is also not recoverable (which is a right pain in the
> backside!).
>
> Second is if you import a file from a previous version of the beta with
> any graphics (created in OOo2 Draw) in which are grouped, then ungroup
> them and then regroup them (after moving the lines about so they're
> correct), the lines on the graphics move. Transplant the picture back to
> OOo2 draw, fiddle, regroup and do a straight copy and paste back into a
> document and it's fine - everything is in place!
>
> The second one I can live with. The first one causes me problems.
>
> Do I need to report these to the OOo bugzilla or is it enough that I've
> done it here?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

I tried base out on the current rpms and had a problem with saving
databases or opening the database. The new database finish screen is
where the loop happened. This was on an FC3 updated system.

The .gz file for the openoffice version had a corrupted rpm for
suse-menus, but using the mc utilities menu let me open up the gz files
and use the other ones that were fine.

After installing java 1.4, I was able to create tables and use the forms
wizard to create a working table and database from scratch. This is a
good sign, since it should mean that OO2 is getting to look like a full
office suite, database included.

The wintel version is shaping up nicely also.

Jim