last two kernels

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Sun Mar 6 17:23:55 UTC 2005

jim cornett wrote:

 > After installing the last two kenels from rawhide. I could not
 > access  the internet. kernel-2.6.11-1.1166_FC4 and 1162 would
 > aquire an address from my router, but would fail for pop and
 > http. I was getting the 192.168.x.x address without problems.
 >
 > Would this be related to a program external to the kernel, protocol
 > or what? I tried dhclient and it did not seem to help with
 > resolving the connection problem.

friday night, i installed weeks worth of stuff w/yum including fc3 770
kernel and on reboot connection stopped working. dhcp would work, but
everything else was host not reachable. i rebooted with previous two
kernels and still no network connection. something else in the updates
eliminated the default routing for 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0.
i edited network configuration and added it to static route ... and then
the next time, it said that default static route wasn't supported ...
but at least it got rid of the host not reachable.