BitTorrent bug while trying to download FC4t1

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Wed Mar 16 01:15:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 19:44 -0500, Old Fart wrote:
> Mike Chambers wrote:
> > [root at scrappy bin]# btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 350 --url
> > http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/FC4-test1-binary-i386.torrent
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py", line 25, in ?
> >     from BitTorrent.download import Feedback, Multitorrent
> > ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.download
> >
> > I pretty much get the same "No module named BitTorrent.whatever" no
> > matter which bt command I run.
> >
> > [root at scrappy programs]# rpm -q BitTorrent
> > BitTorrent-4.0.0-1
> >
> see if this helps...from early FC3 days...modify for your situation...
>
> Satish Balay wrote:
>
>  > What's the problem? (not that I've run BT on x86_64 - but I'm thinking
>  > it shouldn't be any different)
>

> Well, a problem I've had was a simple issue of the path.
>
> $ rpm -q python
> python-2.3.3-6
> $ rpm -ql bittorrent | grep site-packages | head -1
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/BitTorrent
>
> The solution was simply
> export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages
>
> and then go run bittorrent as below.
>
>  > btdownloadcurses.py --url
> http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/heidelberg-binary-i386.torrent

Yep, turns out bittorrent was installing into the python-2.3 dir instead
of 2.4.  I just had to tweak a couple of things and now it's running.

Although, my d/l speed is hovering around 16k/sec (on a 3mb connection
via cable modem) and should be a LOT faster, while my u/l speed is
doubling d/l speed.  This has been running about 5 minutes or so.

Guess it needs time to build up and more peers to get on it or
something?

BTW, thanks for the pointer on python issue.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"