FC4t1 DVD mediacheck broken

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 00:44:41 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 23:43, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 March 2005 18:44, Aaron Kurtz wrote:
> > The mediacheck function for the FC4t1 DVD iso does not seem to work. The
> > SHA1 sums match (2e08d86311a291132dc3c1b40fa8383b354daf91) but I can't
> > seem to burn a good DVD. I tried to run mediacheck under vmware with the
> > ISO as the dvd, and it still didn't pass, although I had no problem
> > mediachecking other DVD isos using the same setup.
> >
> > I have not tried the FC4t1 CD isos.
> > --
> > Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net>       GPG Key ID: ED588CF2
>
> Hi all:
>
> The mediacheck function was broken for DVDs under FC3 also but those DVDs
> worked just fine.
>
> Just finished downloading/burning FC4t1 DVD and sha1sum verified values
> though I expect mediacheck may fail.  Now I'll try installing and see what
> happens.
>
> Tom
>
> --

Just a follow up.  The mediacheck is still broken in FC4t1.  Downloaded and
burned the DVD iso yesterday.  Running sha1sum on all checked out.

When I performed the install and did the media check it failed that test.
BUT, when I again started to install and skipped the media check the
installation completed with no apparent errors.  There do seem to be a few
bugs to be worked out yet but after all, this is a test version.

I did a complete install and a manual partitioning of the hard drives.  I have
several partitions that I keep personal data, project data, downloads and
source files on.  I don't format those partitions or the /home/tom (my
personal stuff) so that I still have it after the install.

Most of the bugs I have encountered so far have been with KDE.  FC4t1 is
shipping with a beta version of KDE 3.4.  Doing a full install but keeping
the prior /~/.kde settings, I may be inducing some of the bugs myself.  I'll
be checking that in the next few days.

Theres also a problem with the ntpd daemon failing to start which I haven't
found yet.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor