vnc install of FC4T1 fails

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Fri Mar 18 16:01:24 UTC 2005

  Using the 'vnc' option in a kickstart file, I tried both a VMware
install and an install on an old 800MHz Dell Optiplex and was not able
to connect to the box via 'vncviewer <ipaddress>:1' as anaconda
instructed.  There was a seemingly unrelated X error message, but it
didn't write it down.  Even an nmap on the box revealed that no ports
were open.  I'll have to try again to get the details.  Has anyone else
tried to do a vnc install and been successful?  I'll file a bug with the
details later tonight.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator