slower?

Patricio Bruna V pbruna at linuxcenterla.com
Fri Mar 18 17:55:41 UTC 2005

El vie, 18-03-2005 a las 16:55 +0000, John Hodrien escribió:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 12:44 -0400, Patricio Bruna V wrote:
> >> maybe im the only one, but i notice that Fedora now runs really slow.
> >> --
> >> Patricio Bruna
> >
> > This may be due to gdm-binary taking up all your CPU, that bug has been
> > fixed in rawhide.
>
> I have to agree.  FC4 is hideously slower than FC3 on my 2.4Ghz P4 512Mb
> machine.  Terminals are slow to appear and sometimes stall failing to update
> (but then catch up a little later).  Firefox takes ages to startup compared to
> how it was working before.

Yes, firefox its REALLY slow, i dont see why, yet.
Evolution too, it starts ok, but later eats a lot of memory.
With fedora-3 i always have about 300MB of RAM free (cached and free)
but now only 100, and sometimes 80MB!!!

i have a centrino 1.3 with 512RAM
--
Patricio Bruna
pbruna at linuxcenterla.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Jefe Soporte y Operaciones LinuxCenter S.A.
Canada 239, 5to piso, Providencia, Chile
http://www.linuxcenterla.com +56-2-2745000