openoffice-database: opening but no longer working

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Mar 18 21:12:31 UTC 2005

Caolan McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 07:51 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>
>>Craig Thomas schrieb:
>>
>>>On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 19:12 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>>>
>>>while resolving class: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
>>>
>>>I created test-db1.odb with oo.org-base with just defaults.
>>>

>>the thing is, that i do not know at all, what kind of db it is. at
>>least, i imagine, that the type of database created by oo-db is not on
>>the screen at all ;-)
>>
>>i've been launching it double-clicking the db in nautilus, as the
>>extension is known, oo-db starts correctly, but you cannot work on it,
>>as it misses java.
>

> Install libgcj and see if that resolves the issue. It should work with
> gcj.
>
> C.

i did the update for the whole group "Java Development", this did not
the trick. Creating a new databases drops me out of the database-app.

Double-clicking the icon via nautils now brings:

Die Verbindung zur Datenquelle
"file:///home/roger/Neue%20Datenbank2.odb" konnte nicht hergstellt werden.

--> Connection to datasource "file:///home/roger/new_database.odb" could
not be created.

Error-Code: 1000

The specified driver could not be loadedFehler-Code: -1

while resolving class: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

...funny, how can i load a hsql database? via the jdbc-driver?

Thx
Roger