FC4t1 and abiword

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat Mar 19 11:58:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:52:14 -0800, Aaron Kurtz wrote:

> > Has abiword been removed in FC4t1?  I haven't been able to locate it and
> > wasn't able to find it in the Fedora EXTRAS list of packages.
>
> You were probably looking in the FC3 Extras. There is a rawhide branch
> now, which mostly works. Not quite sure where to report bugs though.
> fedora-extras-list? bugzilla? Here? The major one I've seen so far is
> packages built against python 2.3 and hence uninstallable for 2.4

Most of the packages in Fedora Extras Development are just copies of their
FC3 counterparts. This is how the tree was filled with packages, creating
such pitfalls as the broken python dependencies you've noticed. It's a
pitty the tree was not filled with a mass-rebuild.

Only some package have been rebuilt and/or updated yet. This is ongoing
manual work.

--
Fedora Core release Rawhide (Rawhide) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1185_FC4
loadavg: 1.01 1.14 1.46