FC4t1 and abiword

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Mar 19 15:47:42 UTC 2005

> Most of the packages in Fedora Extras Development are just copies of their
> FC3 counterparts. This is how the tree was filled with packages, creating
> such pitfalls as the broken python dependencies you've noticed. It's a
> pitty the tree was not filled with a mass-rebuild.

Okay michael, i'm sorry you feel "it's a pity". I asked on maintainers
as to which path to take, I received a number of answers via irc and
other locations and the general answer was "merge fc3's extras in, fix
the ones that break".

I'll rebuild anything that comes up and I'm working all the time on the
build system, what else can I do to keep you from lamenting extras in
the way you do?

-sv