HELP ME!

Cimmo cimmo at libero.it
Sun Mar 20 19:43:37 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have an nforce4 SLI with its integrated network and of course FC4t1
I've installed nvidia's driver 1.0-302-x86-64, changed the line in my
/etc/modprobe.conf FROM alias forcedeth TO alias nvnet
rebooted and still (like before) have no network:
- when I click to the double computers in my gnome toolbar it says:
"SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device"
- if I give the command system-config-network here the result (see
attachment)
- if I open FireFox no page is opened

BUT:
if I give the command: ping www.google.it or ping www.yahoo.it all is ok.

WHY??? Help me!

Of course I've attached to my ethernet a switch and at the switch a
router, the DSL-502t that is the 192.168.1.1 that via DHCP gives the
IPADDRESS to my pc: 192.168.1.4 this is the ifconfig's result.

Please help me

Thanx in advance

Marco