How to make a FC4T1 driver disk?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Mar 21 06:06:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 22:44 -0700, Brian Rademacher wrote:
> I thought FC4 would be painless with my new Abit SU-2S and it's Marvell
> 88SX-6081 SATA II controller...It isn't, and I'm stuck making a driver disk
> for it...

Hmmm, how to put this....

FC4 _WILL_ probably (hopefully) be painless with your "new Abit SU-25
and it's Marvell 88SX-6081 SATA II controller".

However, what you're using is FC4-t1.  That t1 stands for the first in a
series of tests.

Fortunately, because you've bothered to try the first test in this
series, the work you will most likely put into getting you hardware
working, (and the bug report you make subsequently make,) will result in
your hardware working painlessly (fingers crossed) when FC4 is actually
released.

I just love how the whole beta process works in everyones favor. ;-p

Rodd

PS. Sorry about any sarcasm that might be dripping off this email, but I
guess you get my point. - R.