pata support in sata_promise driver?

James C. Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Mon Mar 21 23:25:00 UTC 2005

I have been waiting for several months for this libata patch to be integrated into the kernel.  It seems to have made it into Ubuntu and maybe other distros, but I still have to build my own kernel to get pata drives to be seen on the promise sata controller in Fedora.  Is there a chance the patch from Jeff will make it into FC4 sometime?  I would really like to use my pata drives (non-root) in FC4t1 and have them recognized during install.

Jim