We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will still fall short

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Mar 24 03:30:02 UTC 2005

> Do you have something in mind that is going to replace
> system-config-packages? Is it goig to be something like synptic for apt?
> Thaks

The point of the work going on w/pup is to make the pkg mgmt process
less intimidating. Synaptic has the problem of being a VERY busy
interface that a lot of less experienced users would get extremely lost
in.

Let's not start with that interface, let's figure out how we can make
some interfaces up that make some of the processes easier.

-sv