We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will stillfall short

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Mar 24 07:35:51 UTC 2005

> Problem is: yum does not know how to swap CDs so any front end will have
> the same limitation.

Just out of curiosity, do you think not knowing how to swap CDs is some
sort of permanent or unsolvable problem? Yum is not in a static state,
adding capabilities, especially to the module is something we're doing
all the time.

>   At work I have a quota of bandwidth, at home I am
> not that happy about having a frontend who selects a mirror from Hong-
> Kong when I have same software, same version in a CD on my desk.

well you really shouldn't have a hong-kong mirror listed in your
mirrorlists :)

-sv