Hi all!!

Dirk Spiegel fedora at capriclub.de
Mon May 16 09:33:29 UTC 2005

hello,

thanks I'm fine - hope the rest of the list too ;-)

The same was with my installation of FC4T3 on my old AMD 1GHz,
Elitegroup board with SIS online Sound, LG DVD Writer and Riva TNT 16 MB
AGP.
Installationspeed was less fluently then with FC3, but later I saw that
it installed 6.7 GB! - so it was ok.
KDE seems to work already fine.

The slightly problems I discovered:
-GNOME: when I lowered Programs to the Taskbar, the animation seems to
kick them out of the window via right bottom edge. I was only able to
get it back with ALT+TAB.
up2date: Firsttime it seems to freeze. When I tried again I got the
packages, but when I checked them it said still 0 kb and the OK-button
was still disabled.

btw, thanks to the Fedora team for installing PHP5 :-)
it took me several days to compile PHP5 and Apache2 to my Redhat9, so
that I will be lucky to replace this Server with the final release of
Fedora Core 4

regards,
Dirk