nVidia drivers and xorg

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:04:56 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed the nVidia drivers on my FC4t3 box and have altered
> xorg.conf so that dri is hashed out and nv is replaced with nvidia.
>
> Only problem is that if I reboot, dri reappears and nv replaces nvidia.
>
> Is there anyway to stop this from happening?
I assume you mean.. you installed the nvidia drivers directly from
nvidia using nvidia's installer.

Nothing from fedora core should be re-writing the Xconfig file on boot
like that.

Did you at any point install nvidia drivers on that box using an rpm?
rpm -qa|grep nvidia

For example, the livna rpms for nvidia come with a magically script
that will revert
the Xconfig back under some circumstances so that X will start up in
case the nvidia driver isn't detected.

-jef