OOo

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri May 20 16:55:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 18:13 +0200, Sylvain Rouillard wrote:
[snip]
> Actually, it's dead slow here. Am I the only one to see this? When I do simple
> things such as save a file or move around some text etc (virtually anything
> beside typing), I see the icons in the menu bar getting greyed out from left
> to right (top bar first, then second), and being coloured back again (same
> order). This little dance may take maybe 5 secondes each time I do an action,
> time during which I cannot do _anything_. Kinda annoying.
>
> Tell me I'm not alone! Paul listed a bunch of OOo bugs in a previous mail
> today, and none of them seemed related to what I see...

I haven't seen a significant slowness in Writer although saving and
generating a pdf makes OOo look like it's dead in the water for a few
secs. Mind you that is personal perception. Could be debugging code
slowing it down. I do see icons greying out (think when I generate a
pdf) but not for a whole 5 seconds. More like a slow rebuild of the
screen after an action has taken place.

Regards,
Patrick