INF information for Dell 1920x1200 15.4"widescreen display needed.

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Wed May 25 07:04:12 UTC 2005

Fred New wrote:
> On 19. mai 2005. a. 14:50, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
>>In the case of the .INF files for monitors, instead, you can download
>>the hwdata src.rpm, install it, and run inf2mondb.py on the file, and
>>paste the results into bugzilla, as this is what we do with
>>the things.
>>

> I was curious about what inf2mondb.py would tell me about the
> monitor.inf file that Gene mentioned yesterday and after a little
> hacking of inf2mondb.py, I came up with a few lines (mostly
> Compaq and Daewoo) missing from MonitorsDB.  But since I don't
> have any of these monitors, I am wondering if you want me to
> put them in Bugzilla?
>
> The Dell Web site has a 2405FPW driver for a 1920x1200 display
> from which inf2mondb.py gives the following lines:
>
> Dell Inc.; Dell 2405FPW (Analog); DELA00F; 30.0-83.0; 56.0-76.0
> Dell Inc.; Dell 2405FPW (Digital); DELA010; 30.0-83.0; 56.0-76.0
>
> But I don't have this monitor, either.

Sure, feel free to submit monitor database entries for any monitors
you find that are not present already.  Even if you don't own the
display, someone out there probably does, so having them in the
database would be very helpful indeed.  ;)  Anyone who has some
spare time to volunteer is welcome to submit entries in bugzilla
anytime, and we'll add them to future builds.  It's probably ok
to submit multiple entries or .INFs in a single report too, as
they can be done in a single commit/update likely.

Perhaps we could have a contest or something, and see who can
submit the most monitor entries.  ;o)

Take care,
TTYL