Openoffice segmentation fault, FC4 (x86_64)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon May 30 06:17:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 08:03 +0200, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 15:08 +0200, Harry Jensen wrote:
> > Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> >

> > > are you using the binary nvidia video drivers ?
> > >

> > ..hmmm, just replaced Driver "nvidia" with "nv" in the xorg.conf, and
> > ta-da, now it works.
> >
> > ..I wonder if there is some kind of a solution to this..
> >

> Current nvidia binary drivers produce a segfault on rawhide when using
> opengl. Maybe your openoffice has opengl acceleration enabled?

You know, (and I hope someone from NVIDIA is on this list and
listening), these continual threads about NVIDIA almost amount to the
best argument I've heard for why they should open source the drivers.

If one tenth of the amount of time spent discussing why NVIDIA's drivers
are responsible for something and why people will just have to wait was
spent actually developing the drivers, NVIDIA would have the most
amazing driver out there. ;-]

Rodd
 It's much better on my side"