NFS lockup error

Namikawa, Shozo generic at olive.ocn.ne.jp
Sun May 1 11:00:14 UTC 2005

Namikawa, Shozo wrote:

> nodata wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 13:07 -0500, William wrote:
>>

>>> After running the updates from Friday around 3pm, I seem to be
>>> crashing on bootup. Everything looks fine until it gets to clvmd. It
>>> fails to load, which is no big deal but then it goes to a black
>>> screen. It stays on this black screen for a minute or two and then I
>>> hit CTRL-ALT-Delete. It will bring me back to the Services screen and
>>> says "NFS lockup:      [Failed]." It then sits there for about 30
>>> seconds and goes back to the black screen. I give it a few minuts and
>>> then hit CTRL-ALT-Delete again and it doesn't do anything. I have to
>>> manually shut down the computer. I have tried previous kernels.
>>> I can log into WinXP fine, so I guessing it isn't a hardware failure,
>>> which was my first thought.
>>> --
>>>

>> I had this. Strangely, booting all services as usual, but in Interactive
>> mode worked.
>>

> After happend "Stopping NFS locked" April end up2date, I set runlevel
> of GRUB from 5 to 1 and start single user mode.
> (ESC at GRUB menu, e(dit) and B(oot).)
> Stopping following services by command practically,
> confirm services,
>  #chkconfig --list
> and repeat,
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 mDNSResponder off
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 netfs                     off
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 nfslock                 off  #chkconfig
> --runlevel 356 nifd                      off
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 rdisc                    off
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 ccsd                    off
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 clvmd                  off
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 fenced                 off
>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 smartd                 off

There are some error in my text. please collect to follow.
(collect --runlevel to --level)
After happend "Stopping NFS locked" April end up2date, I set runlevel of
GRUB from 5 to 1 and start single user mode.
(ESC at GRUB menu, e(dit) and b(oot).)
Stopping following services by command practically,
confirm services,
 #chkconfig --list
and repeat,
 #chkconfig --level 356 mDNSResponder off
 #chkconfig --level 356 netfs                     off
 #chkconfig --level 356 nfslock                 off
  #chkconfig --level 356 nifd                      off
 #chkconfig --level 356 rdisc                    off
 #chkconfig --level 356 ccsd                    off
 #chkconfig --level 356 clvmd                  off
 #chkconfig --level 356 fenced                 off
 #chkconfig --level 356 smartd                 off