Openoffice media player

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon May 2 09:04:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 16:08 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
[snip]
> I play DVD's (region encoded, dvdcss protected) at the moment and
> playback is quite good.  One of the really nice things about gstreamer
> is that the media formats are handled using plugins, so Fedora can
> supply the formats it feels comfortable in using and you can easily add
> other formats as you need.
>
> A good place to look for this is the gstreamer website
> (http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/) Add the necessary yum repo
> information and then install those extra bits that gstreamer doesn't
> come with on fedora.

Do I understand you correctly that the lack of certain gstreamer plugins
is the reason why Totem on my up2date FC4T2 box won't play any video
file (mpg, avi, wmv, mov)?

>   I'm using the FC3 repo on the gstreamer site with
> FC4T1 (updated to current) and it's working quite well.
[snip]

Exactly which packages did you install from the gstreamer yum repo? I'd
love to get this functionality back like I had with FC3 and mplayer.

TIA,
Patrick