Request for Testing of Installer X Configuration on PPC

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Tue May 3 03:39:20 UTC 2005

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> Hi.  I've got an ISO for quick testing of anaconda's X configuration
> setup available that's a little bit smaller than a full tree.  All you
> should have to do is download the ISO, burn it to a CD, boot and see if
> X starts up.  Then, you can reboot and go back to your normal doings.
>
> Note that this is entirely non-destructive.  So you can even run it if
> you are running OS X.  *ANY* results would be helpful.  Please be sure
> to include what you see happen as well as what type of hardware you're
> using (cpu, video, monitor).

No joy on my 15" G4 Powerbook.  I got the initial ncurses screen showing
the Test CD / Skip choice, and then when Anaconda starts, I get a blank
screen.  Even the other consoles go blank (Ctrl-Alt-F2 to F4).

I did happen to catch something about no video card detected during
Anaconda's startup.

My powerbook has a 1280x854 resolution screen and a Radeon Mobility
9700 (9600).

--
Drew