OOo fonts gone?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu May 5 13:19:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 09:36 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >For some reason, OOo is only listing something like 20 fonts from the
> >font drop down box in v1.9.96-2. In previous versions, it was listing
> >around 50 fonts.
> >
> >Is anyone else seeing this before I put it into bugzilla or is it an
> >x-org problem whereby fonts have vanished?
> >
> >TTFN
> >
> >Paul
> >

> I see a similar thing.  I have only 16 fonts in OOo, but 43 in gedit for
> example.  Sounds like you should put it in bugzilla.

Are any of these bitmap fonts, like Courier?  If so, OOo rightfully
ignores those fonts and will use only Type1 or TTF fonts.  I just did a
quick comparison and didn't find any differences between my system with
gedit and OOo, except for said bitmap fonts.  If the font is in
Fontconfig's database (ie gedit can see it), and its _not_ a bitmap
font, and OOo can't see it, then yes its a bug.

Dan