gaim & something else

Matthew Lenz matthew at nocturnal.org
Thu May 5 20:39:13 UTC 2005

you shouldn't be having that problem with fc4t2 as i was under the
impression it used dmix (alsa software mixing) by default.  if you
aren't using fc4t2 you need to add something like:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "swmixer"
}

pcm.swmixer {
type dmix
ipc_key 1234
slave {
pcm "hw:0,0"
period_time 0
period_size 1024
buffer_size 4096
rate 44100
}
}

to your $HOME/.asoundrc file and it wouldn't hurt to configure your apps
to use ALSA.