New OOo Icons: Menu or Panel?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Sat May 7 14:25:48 UTC 2005

The following only applies to the new GNOME / clearlooks theme and menus
- KDE has a different situation going on.

The new OOo icons in the menu list look very nice, IMHO. However, they
don't match what's currently in the panel at the top. From a usability
point of view, these should be consistent. While I prefer that the new
icons show up in the panel as well, that's just my personal taste.
What's more important is these should be the same throughout.

The same goes with the icons for the Web browser (and other apps),
although this difference is easier to get away with since the panel icon
launches whatever the default browser is, as opposed to a specific one.

...Just my 2 cents worth and someone may already be addressing it as
well.

Cheers,

Chris

--