Firefox etc. default homepage

nodata fedora at nodata.co.uk
Sat May 7 15:52:49 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 14:32 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> Today we use the release notes as standard homepage for all browsers,
> instead of whatever is upstream default. Why do we do that, while
> constantly repeating the mantra "upstream!, upstream!, upstream!"?
>
> In my personal opinion, the release notes belong in "help" or something
> like that (even a shortcut on the standard desktop would be more
> intuitive) - not as the standard homepage in every browser.

Why should loading the Google homepage be more correct that showing the
release notes for the operating system I've just installed?

Google has nothing to do with Firefox, except that it's a search engine
that I might use with it. People that want to use Google can type
something in the search box.

> This confuses people, and addmitedly, the release notes aren't that much
> usefull to the users as the standard homepage - especially in firefox,

Who does it confuse? Why were they confused?