Nvidia Dance...

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon May 9 06:38:53 UTC 2005

> Without flames, and understanding how evil binary drivers are, should
> I expect a significant delay and lots of screwing around between the
> release of FC4 and the nvidia drivers working? (I like to call this
> the nvidia dance.)

This isn't a question for Fedora.  This is a question for Nvidia.  While
it would be great to have nvidia's drivers documented and as part of the
kernel and xorg, this isn't likely to happen any time soon.

Questions regarding how soon Nvidia will release working drivers for
GCC4 and FC4 are questions only Nvidia can answer.  Asking on this list
is only likely to stir up a flame war regarding the evils of binary
drivers which then moves to debate about the pros and cons of vi and
emacs and finally fading out to a quick discussion on whether KDE or
Gnome is the true desktop (along with a couple of interjects that people
should look at XFCE).

Meanwhile, Nvidia will continue to plod along with development of their
binary driver, happily oblivious to the thousands of unnecessary emails
members of this list and others have received that shed no real light on
the question.

Hope that helps.

R.