Below par performance of SATA drives on FC4-Test2

Vamsee Krishna Gomatam vamsee.krishna at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:42:04 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Phil Anderson <pza at pza.net.au> wrote:
> My Gigabyte 8IPE Pro with a Segate 7200 80Gb SATA disk is getting:
>  Timing cached reads:   3332 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1667.09 MB/sec
>  Timing buffered disk reads:  168 MB in  3.03 seconds =  55.49 MB/sec
>
> This is basically the same as what it was with FC3.  In fact, all my
> systems with SATA & Segate 7200 disks all get 55MB/sec consistantly.

I used to get around 55-58MB/s consistantly in FC3. With FC4-T2, it's
not the case. Like I already mentioned, the max is around  40MB/s. And
never before did I get this "HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush
complete) failed" message. Trying to recompile the kernel with proper
attributes.

Regards,
Vamsee