init * == bad

Aaron Scott scott.aaron at abc.net.au
Thu May 12 03:49:04 UTC 2005

What stops?  There really isn't any information to really tell us what
you mean.  Do you mean that the machine locks up? You don't need to use
run level 2 to install NVIDIA Drivers.  Levels 1-4 will allow you to do
that.
Alternatively, booting into, say, run level 4 by editing the boot
parameters would allow you to do this as well.