Obersvations after installing FC4t3

Truls Gulbrandsen trulsg at broadpark.no
Thu May 12 20:23:38 UTC 2005

Hi there,
after a complete installation of FC4t3 I have the following observations:

I downloaded the DVD-iso and burne to a DVD-RW.  No problem and media
check resultet in PASS.

I optet for a manual partitioning as I wanted to keep the /home
partition and only reinstall the OS.  What I find cumbersome is that the
system don't specify the which partition that used to be /boot, /home or
/.  The only clue is to the swap partition.  Well the learning is to
document the original size of each partition before reinstalling in
order tell which is which.

Then, after first boot my system was named [truls@ host"-ip-address"].
However, after yum update and reboot this was back to normal
[truls at localhost ~].

When checkin my network configuration I find that my wireless is
configured as eth1 ethernet.  It should have been eth1 wireless. I have
to delete this device and recreate it as wireless to get access to the
wireless variables.

All the OOo icons on the quick-start menue was replaced by a "?" after
the yum update and I had to go to "properties" and set correct icons.

My setup is on a IBM TP T30 and so far everything works perfectly after
above ajustments.

Regards,
Truls