Obersvations after installing FC4t3

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Thu May 12 21:57:53 UTC 2005

Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Hi there,
> after a complete installation of FC4t3 I have the following observations:
>
> I downloaded the DVD-iso and burne to a DVD-RW.  No problem and media
> check resultet in PASS.
>
> I optet for a manual partitioning as I wanted to keep the /home
> partition and only reinstall the OS.  What I find cumbersome is that
> the system don't specify the which partition that used to be /boot,
> /home or /.  The only clue is to the swap partition.  Well the
> learning is to document the original size of each partition before
> reinstalling in order tell which is which.
>
> Then, after first boot my system was named [truls@ host"-ip-address"].
> However, after yum update and reboot this was back to normal
> [truls at localhost ~].
>
> When checkin my network configuration I find that my wireless is
> configured as eth1 ethernet.  It should have been eth1 wireless. I
> have to delete this device and recreate it as wireless to get access
> to the wireless variables.
>
> All the OOo icons on the quick-start menue was replaced by a "?" after
> the yum update and I had to go to "properties" and set correct icons.
>
> My setup is on a IBM TP T30 and so far everything works perfectly
> after above ajustments.
>
> Regards,
> Truls

     Hello,

      Your observations are interesting because I installed FC4T3 on an
IBM ThinkPad T-30 as well.  The installation went well except for one
thing: I do not seem able to be able to obtain any audio streaming and I
am not able to download any music through LimeWire.  In LimeWire, I
continue to get the message that "it seems that there is no connection
to the internet".  This may be the same problem that I am having with
audio streaming as well. I also have FC3 installed on another laptop and
am able to do audio streaming and download music from the same sources.
I am able to connect wirelessly through the internet, though.  I am not
sure if anyone else is having this problem nor do I know if I should