Obersvations after installing FC4t3

Tom linxt at comcast.net
Thu May 12 23:32:50 UTC 2005

On Thursday 12 May 2005 13:23, Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:
> Hi there,
> after a complete installation of FC4t3 I have the following observations:
>
> I downloaded the DVD-iso and burne to a DVD-RW.  No problem and media
> check resultet in PASS.
>
> I optet for a manual partitioning as I wanted to keep the /home
> partition and only reinstall the OS.  What I find cumbersome is that the
> system don't specify the which partition that used to be /boot, /home or
> /.  The only clue is to the swap partition.  Well the learning is to
> document the original size of each partition before reinstalling in
> order tell which is which.

Did you try to "edit" the partitions?  In my experience, DiskDruid does not
show the partition names on the initial screen, just the list of /dev names.
When I select one of the partitions and then click on "edit", it shows what
the previous name was and includes it in the drop down list.  YMMV.

But then, I'm on a desktop system with a server type (dual cpu) motherboard
but I wouldn't expect that to make a difference in DiskDruid.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467