Obersvations after installing FC4t3

Truls Gulbrandsen trulsg at broadpark.no
Fri May 13 05:33:38 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 5/12/05, Truls Gulbrandsen <trulsg at broadpark.no> wrote:
>
>>I optet for a manual partitioning as I wanted to keep the /home
>>partition and only reinstall the OS.  What I find cumbersome is that the
>>system don't specify the which partition that used to be /boot, /home or
>>/.  The only clue is to the swap partition.  Well the learning is to
>>document the original size of each partition before reinstalling in
>>order tell which is which.
>

> For the pre-existing partitions... how where they created originally?
> Where do you expect the installer to retrieve the contextual
> information about what the partitions use to be used for?
>
> -jef

My partitions were originally created as LVM with the various partitions
within that.  Yes, I had expected the installer at least to show me the
names of the original partitions either in the field named original
partition as with the swap partition or as default suggestion when
editing the partitions.

Truls