strange 1600x1200 display

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri May 13 17:16:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 12:15 -0400, Gene C. wrote:
> I have a Dell 2000FB (flat panel) display on my system and it is connected to
> an ATI 9100 adapter via the analog rather than the DVI-D connector.
>
> With previous version of FC (even FC4T2), this worked fine with my selection
> of 1600x1200.  However, with FC4T3, the virtical display is fine but the
> horizontal seems to use a physical size a bit smaller and I end up with a
> "virtual screen" horizontally (I can see the edges only by using the mouse to
> "move" the screen).
>
> (intended) feature or bug?

I had the same thing on a fresh FC4T3 install at 1600x1200 with an ATI
Radeon 9000 card and an IBM P202 21" monitor. First I made a backup
of /etc/X11/xorg.conf then tried system-config-display --reconfig which
crashed horribly (no idea why). Then had a look in xorg.conf and removed
all the different resolutions so only "1600x1200" was still there. I
then restarted X and all was well.

Regards,
Patrick