SMP kernel hangs on boot

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat May 14 16:17:35 UTC 2005

Steven Stern writes:

> System is a Dell Dimension 8400 with HT enabled.
>
> System loads properly with the non-SMP kernel.

Thank you for calling Miss Cleo's Psychic Technical Support Hotline.
Unfortunately, all our operators are out to lunch, and nobody in the office
knows how to operate our mind ray-beam machine, in order to extract the
relevant details, (such as the exact version of the kernel you're trying to
boot), out of your head.

Please call back in about an hour, and make sure that you're not wearing
anything made out of tin foil.