ftpd_selinux problem ?

DAVID BENTLEY david.r.bentley at btinternet.com
Sun May 15 19:18:23 UTC 2005

Having read the man ftpd_selinux page I can get
anonymous ftp to work (only tested read only mode so
far) by typing what is suggested in a terminal window.

chcon -R -t ftpd_anon_t /var/ftp

But what I cant get to work with selinux protection on
is ftp access to a users home directory just by either

using the system-config-securitylevel tool to enable
acces to home directories or by typing the following
command in a terminal window.

setsebool -P ftp_home_dir 1

When I try to login as a user with a home directory I
get this error message at the client end after the
password is entered

Error sending status request (Operation not permitted)
Login failed.

Do you also have to use chcon to appropriatly label a
users home directory.