HUH?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon May 16 02:27:17 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 20:24 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 10:59 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> > I'm going to ask on behalf of Ronny.
> >
> > How do you check a checksum of an iso image?
> >
> > I know how to do this when you can boot the first disk (because it
> > prompts you to do it) but I'm not sure how to do it from the command
> > line.
>
> Rodd,
>
> Download the SHA1SUM file along with the ISO images, then from their
> directory run:
>
>      $ sha1sum -c SHA1SUM
>      FC4-test3-i386-DVD.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-SRPMS-disc1.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-SRPMS-disc2.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-SRPMS-disc3.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-SRPMS-disc4.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-disc1.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-disc2.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-disc3.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-disc4.iso: OK
>      FC4-test3-i386-rescuecd.iso: OK
>
> If one or more fails to compute "OK", start searching for an rsync site.
>
> -- Doc

Doc,

Thanks for the polite reply.  I was expecting the usual barrage of
"RTFM" style comments, but to be honest, if I spent all my time
"RTFM-ing" I wouldn't actually have time to do anything else, and I
guess that sometimes the benefits of a community if that I can know my
bits and you know yours and we can help each other.

Rodd ;-]
 It's much better on my side"