no python scripting support for kig in kdeedu (FC4T2)

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon May 16 15:47:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:34 +0200, Maurizio Paolini wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 11:24:01AM -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:15 +0200, Maurizio Paolini wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a 'dirty' solution which allows me to build a working rpm
> > > package for kig (with scripting support).
> > >
> > > So, first question: whom should I contact in order to discuss this
> > > problem?  Is this mailing list the appropriate place?
> >
> > File a bug against kig and it should get to the proper maintainer.
>
> Let me be clear about this:  it is *not* a problem with kig!
> everything works fine as soon as the proper gcc compiler is used
> and the correct version of libboost is present.  This is rather
> a problem in the combination of these factors as present in fc4.
> This is the reason why I am using this mailing list.

Yes, but it is a "bug" with the packaging so a perfectly valid use of
redhat/fedora bugzilla.  The point is it directs it to the person who is
most able to deal with the situation.  The list is a fine place to post
this sort of stuff also but in your case it seems something that needs
to be brought to the attention of the maintainer.  The real fix is to
get KDE building with GCC 4.0 as soon as feasible but it is
understandable what a huge task that is.  In any case there is no harm
in both filing a bug and posting here.  All that being said it is nice
to see upstream developers taking an interest in getting their packages
working at top capacity in fedora.

Cheers,
J5