Cyrus IMAPd removed from FC4???

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon May 16 16:53:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 12:42 -0400, Don Casey wrote:
>  If the comunity would like to have Cyrus-imapd as part of the distro
> would it not be put back in. My main use of Fedora is as mail servers and
> I like the customization that is available with Cyrus. I would understand
> switching to Dovecot if only it were a completed project with 1.0 and
> there dovecot-sasl.

Just so I understand your perspective and the consequences of the
decision to move it from core to extras may I ask you if its location in
extras vs. core a burden or impediment to your use of cyrus-imapd? It's
still there, it's still supported, it's just in a different repository.
If you would like to present a rational for moving it back to core I
will be an advocate for you, but the rational at the moment has to be
more than "I dislike its location" for your argument to carry weight.
Fair enough?
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>