Cyrus IMAPd removed from FC4???

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon May 16 15:53:25 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 12:42 -0400, Don Casey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Cyrus IMAPd is removed from FC4??? ___WHY___???
> > It is irreplaceable.
> >
> > I am totaly confused about this distro now.
> >
> > Thanks, Petr Fischer
> >

> Ignocio and John,
>
>  If the comunity would like to have Cyrus-imapd as part of the distro
> would it not be put back in. My main use of Fedora is as mail servers and
> I like the customization that is available with Cyrus. I would understand
> switching to Dovecot if only it were a completed project with 1.0 and
> there dovecot-sasl.

It is in extras which for all intents and purposes just means it is not
on the Core install CD/DVD's.  Extras is a main part of the Fedora
project and not a second class citizen.  It is just that we had to
choose defaults to keep the core CD/DVD's small, and in this case
Dovecot won out.  All one needs to do is yum install Cyrus-imapd to get
it.

--
J5