yum error

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Tue May 17 09:13:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 03:21 -0400, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 06:34 +0000, Caleb Warta wrote:
> > i am guessing but i need to update my kerrnel can some please give me some
> > ideas on how to update with yum like to start how to update my kerrnel sence
> > that seems to be my first issue
>
> Yum should update dependencies automatically -
> that's what it's designed for.

This isn't yum's fault, this is just what happens when you use rawhide -
some packages get pushed out before their dependecies are properly met.
This has been mentioned over and over again, and should probably be part
of the Release Notes or something for test releases.

yum --exclude=$package1 --exclude=$package2 $command will allow you to
update everything else but the kernel. Here, looking at what it's asking
for reveals that you have old kernel modules that haven't been updated
for the latest kernel release, so yum --exclude=kernel update.
--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net             GPG Key ID: ED588CF2