rawhide report: 20050516 changes

nodata fedora at nodata.co.uk
Tue May 17 10:56:42 UTC 2005

>> Or that something went wrong, which is why this discussion is taking
>> place.
>
> The script can't know that as it just looks for new packages which left
> the build system.  If you want more details about updates, subscribe to
> the cvs commits list where you could monitor actual package updates in
> cvs.

I don't want any more information about updates.

> Also, even when there was no problem in the build system, it has happened
> multiple times before that somebody was surprised to get no updates on a
> Sunday.
>
> Why not just wait a day or two, practise in patience and wait whether on
> the following days there will be updates again?

I never said that the problem was getting no updates.

My point is that those that read the list will know that a empty list of
updates packages _probably_ means that no packages were updated, but it is
also likely that something went wrong. We won't know - we'll assume that
it means no packages are updated.
Those that are new to the list will see the cryptic e-mail and wonder if
something is broken. Why not fix it?

If no packages are updated, why announce it to the list?