Install problem, FC4 Test 3 DVD

whatsizbucket at comcast.net whatsizbucket at comcast.net
Wed May 18 00:56:08 UTC 2005

> whatsizbucket at comcast.net wrote:
> >>When I boot from the DVD version of FC4 Test 3, with either the x86 or
> >>x86_64 version, the install gets to the point where you choose 'install
> >>from cdrom', and then ejects the DVD, and asks for the CD-Rom of Fedora.
> >>
> >>Has anyone else had this problem?
> >

> > I just ran into it.  the DVD just got spat out twice.  Any theories as to why
> it rejects the DVD guys?
> >
> > -Jason
> >
> I hope you've inserted the DVD into a DVD reader drive, not a CD only
> drive.  My DVD installed just fine on my machine.
>
> Gerry

The system is equipped with a DVD+RW drive... but I found that it was a corrupt burn.  This could be the case in this situation.  Mkae sure that you don;t get a funky distro off the torrent.   Run SHA1SUM checking to make sure it isn't cracked up.

That how I fixed it.  *grin*

Now... for that blasted Synaptic Touchpad issue..

-Jason